Sign up for the workshop livestream here (must be logged in to view):
If you want to be more influential within your organisation more successfully, this is the workshop for you!
Storytelling is a fantastic tool in persuading colleagues and stakeholders. It is a skill that can create empathy and understanding, which can, in turn, lead to significant change within your organisation. As an uncommonly-held skill, it can add a unique dimension to your skillset that sets you apart.
Join this workshop to find out the key components of successful storytelling. You'll also get an opportunity for some hands-on digital storytelling, run by Seenit, the people-powered video platform. They'll show you how you can use video as a medium for successful storytelling, by providing advice and demonstrations on creating compelling videos on low budgets and without professional film crews.
The central theme of the workshop will be around how you can use storytelling to help push new diversity and inclusion initiatives within your organisation. The skills you will learn in this workshop, however, will be applicable to all initiatives you are looking to take forward in your organisation.
What you will learn in this workshop:
- What storytelling is and why you should be using it to become a better influencer
- How you can be a fantastic storyteller, by understanding the skills and characteristics required
- When video can be used for storytelling, and what elements it can bring to support the changes you want in your organisation
- How to be a storyteller through video
Arrival and registration
Welcome and introduction
Presentation: Vanessa Mildenberg | Head of Communications | WPP. The what, why and how of storytelling
Coffee and cake
Lunch and networking
Presentation: Emily Forbes | Founder and CEO | Seenit. Bring your story to life
Hands-on demo activity: Video for storytelling
Storytelling in action: CITF's new gender balance best practice guide
Summary and reflection
Vanessa Mildenberg | Head of Communications and Change | WPP IT
The what, why and how of storytelling
Emily Forbes | Founder and CEO | Seenit
Freddy Cleveley | Customer Success Manager | Seenit
In a world where attention is scarce, video can be a great medium to bring your story to life. You don’t need big budgets or a professional film crew to create engaging and inclusive videos with your people. Join us for an interactive session about how to use video to share your D&I stories.
• Learn about the power of storytelling and how video can best amplify your stories
• Learn how to celebrate and educate around your D&I stories through authentic, inclusive and collaborative videos
• Get tips and tricks on how to create compelling videos efficiently and cost-effectively
• See examples of how video can help you bring your D&I stories to life
Catchup on our livestream
(must be logged into your membership account to view)
Vanessa Mildenberg, WPP IT
Emily Forbes and Freddy Cleveley, Seenit