Organisations are facing cybersecurity challenges on a daily basis, our adversaries are evolving rapidly and its almost certain that an organisation will suffer a breach. With GDPR having been implemented in 2018 there is a considerable financial concern for organisations who do not have effective cyber security systems.
Employees within a firm must know where to start when a cyber breach occurs. This workshop will run through a simulation of a data breach and give individuals the ability to work together to learn the skills and process which need to be followed. In 2018 alone, the UK Governments cyber breaches survey showed that 45% of businesses detected a cyber breach in the last 12 months.
This CITF interactive workshop will give you the vital help and opportunity to experience various scenarios and allow you to discuss challenges and solutions cooperatively with other CITF members. You will be able to gain an expert perspective and practical advice takeaway and implement within your own organisation.
What you will learn in this workshop:
- What to do when a security incident arises
- Common mistakes that people make during the incident and how they can be mitigated
- Learn about essential technical countermeasures
- When you need to report a breach to the ICO, and what level of detail needs to be provided
- The role of leadership in a cyber breach incident and crisis management
Arrival and lunch