Training course fees (includes all three modules):
- Member early-bird: £1,500 (+ VAT)
- Member standard: £1,650 (+ VAT)
- Non-Member early-bird: £1,800 (+ VAT)
- Non-Member standard: £2,000 (+VAT)
Early-bird discounts are available until 31 August 2018.
To encourage delegates to reflect on their role as a Leader in their business – what it means, where they should focus and the specific challenges/opportunities they encounter in an IT environment.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Describe the relationship between management and leadership and the skills, knowledge and attitude required to manage in the 21st century
- Understand how to align the vision, mission and values to achieve success
- Driving business value through IT and digital transformation
- Apply the leadership practices of the Kouzes and Posner Leadership Challenge Model to their leadership style. This will include:
Delegates will need to:
- Complete a Kouzes and Posner self-assessment
- Identify objectives for the programme
Outline of the Day
Managing and Leading in IT in the 21st Century
Kouses and Posner – Leadership Excellence
- The differences between management and leadership
- Getting to grips with the generational issues
- What’s different or specific to the working in/with Information Technology
- Aligning IT Strategy with business priorities
- The Expert as a Leader
Focus on Challenging the Process
- Overview of the Kouzes and Posner Leadership Challenge Model
- What makes a great IT Leader?
- The challenges/opportunities present in an IT environment
Focus on Inspiring a Shared Vision
- Analysing the current situation
- Identifying areas for improvement and opportunities
- Continuous service improvement in IT
- Assessing and managing risk
- Driving value through IT
- Digital transformation
- Becoming a Business Partner
Focus on Encouraging the Heart
- Aligning the team behind a shared vision, agreed on strategies, recognised values and accepted behaviours
- Developing an IT Strategy
- Creating a vision for your team
- Shaping your brand with your team
- Pitching a vision to the team and other key stakeholders
Focus on Modelling the Way
- Emotional Intelligence as a tool for excellent leadership
- Understanding individuals style
- Dan Pinks motivational triangle
Focus on Enabling Others to Act
- Creating plans and milestones
- Being a role model
- Delivering customer value
- Building trust and credibility
Personal Action Planning
- Empowering people to act (authority, responsibility, development, training etcetera)
- Effective delegation of projects
Team Action Planning
- Self-Assessment on Kouzes and Posner model and action planning
Final Review and Close
- Creating “your” team Alignment Model
- Planning on how to achieve this “Vision”
Event Booking Terms and Conditions for the ‘Excellence in technology leadership’ training course (the ‘Event’)
TERMS OF PAYMENT
- Photographs might be taken throughout the Event by CITF and/or its agents. All guests consent to all and any use in any current or future media by CITF and/or its group companies of any photographs, images and/or films in which they feature.
- A guest may be replaced up to 7 days prior to the Event. However, in either instance and for security reasons, please inform CITF beforehand of the name and other details of any replacement. Only one transfer per delegate may be made.
- If a cancellation is requested, a refund (subject to a 20% administration charge plus VAT) will be made only if CITF can provide a replacement from the reserve list, if the Event is oversubscribed. If the Event is not oversubscribed and/or if no replacement is found by the CITF from the reserve list, no refund will be made – all cancellations must be made no later than 12 October 2018.
- If we cancel a Training Course, - we reserve the right to cancel a Training Course at any time, without incurring any additional liability to any delegate. In such circumstances, we will offer alternative dates, a full refund or a credit note.
- Places are subject to availability.
- CITF reserves the right to cancel bookings deemed not to comply fully with these terms and conditions whereupon a refund will be made.
- CITF cannot accept responsibility for the non-availability of any services or facilities at or associated with the Event.
- CITF cannot be held responsible for the loss of, or damage to, members’ or their guests’ property whilst attending the Event.
- Your booking onto the Event has been taken as your acceptance of these Event Booking Terms & Conditions.
- CITF accepts no liability if an Event is cancelled or postponed for reasons beyond our reasonable control resulting from an act of God, governmental regulation, fire, war, terrorist activity or civil commotion.
- If we must cancel the Event, our liability in the Event of cancellation is limited to a full refund of the Event fee only. We will not refund any travel or hotel costs associated with the cancellation of an Event.
- You are accepting these terms and conditions on behalf of all the attendees you are booking on the Event and are confirming you have been given the authorisation to do so.
- CITF accepts no liability if a delegate is unable to attend an event due to adverse weather conditions or any travel disruption.
- We will treat your personal information in accordance with data protection legislation. We will use your information for administration, communication and research. To do this we may share your information with our business partners. A list of all delegates will be published and circulated at the event.
- Payment can be made using an authorised credit card or by invoice. Receipts for payment are provided in electronic format.
- We take all necessary steps to ensure that any information provided by you for the purposes of payment will be kept secure.
- Invoices must be paid by 12 October 2018.