- Learn how you can test your current environment
- Understand what the warning signs are of an impending disaster
- Hear best practice on how should you manage a major incident
How confident are you in your disaster recovery plans? Over the past twenty years, IT systems have become increasingly embedded in the way our businesses operate. Far from just being systems to speed up laborious tasks, they are now fundamental to the way we do business. This is brought into stark relief when any of them fail - but what if they all fail together?
Hear how spectacularly disastrous an entire systems failure can be from someone who managed recovery from one first-hand, and what key lessons were learnt from it that changed how they manage their IT. Tony will be covering:
- What went wrong?
- What was the build up to it?
- How was it handled?
- What was the root cause?
- What lessons were learnt?
- What should others be thinking about?
26 September 2018
IT Disaster Management
Presentation: Tony Porritt